Latest Update FX News Today
- Reminder: It is non-farm payrolls day
The US jobs report today may not have any overbearing consequences but it should still reflect sentiment for the most part You can't really blame anyone for forgetting or ignoring today's non-farm payrolls report. Amid Brexit headlines and US stimulus talk, as well as the ongoing battle between the virus situation and vaccine optimism, it is
- BOE's Saunders: Better to provide too much monetary stimulus unless inflation expectations are contained
That is pretty much the motto of every central bank now And yet, they wonder why they keep getting questions on asset bubbles.
- Brexit: A deal is reportedly "imminent", expected by the end of the weekend barring any last-minute breakdown
Reuters reports, citing an EU official on the matter As mentioned earlier , the details will eventually matter when they surface but in the meantime, it is all about the emotion and headline risks.
- BOE's Saunders: If more stimulus is needed, rate cut and QE may be best approach
Comments by BOE policymaker, Michael Saunders - Effectiveness of any single policy tool may be less than usual - The most effective means may be to use a range of policy tools The takeaway here is that the BOE is not going to shut the door on negative rates, so if the economy fails to really see much
- UK November construction PMI 54.7 vs 52.0 expected
Latest data released by Markit/CIPS - 4 December 2020 The rebound after the drop in October is at least a minor positive signal for the UK economy. Markit notes that: